Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, July 21, 2007

    Engagement Session with Jessica and Rob


    I just finished an engagement session: Jessica and Rob--what a fun couple! They really relaxed in front of the camera, and we got some great shots. They're so funny! I got to capture a lot of their playfulness.

    We shot on location in Historic Folsom, CA. I find it cute, quite, and romantic. Even though it's close to home, I never took the time to stop and look around until scouting locations for this shoot. But now that I have, I'm definately going back for a little window shopping and some dinner (hint, hint).

    They were so easy going that they had no objections to sitting on the ground when I asked!
    "Who me???"
    This shot killed her back, but look at that beautiful hair! She sacrificed herself for the sake of art.
    "Mysterious and Coy".
    It was close to 97 degrees when we were shooting on this bridge. That's 25 degrees over my limit!! The bridge shots took some patience because other people were trying to cross at the same time. At one point, we had to jump out of the way of a biking group of young kids. Had to make sure we got a good ring shot!
    I love this picture! It's a great action shot. And don't forget about her shoes in the left-hand corner...funny!
    This was one of the last shots of our session. We shot this using only streetlight. I like the warm, festive feel.
    It may seem corny, but I love my lollipop idea! They played off the idea, and their expressions worked perfectly. And...it just so happens that they're standing outside of a candy store...is that a coincidence or what!?








    No comments: