Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, December 20, 2007

    Gigantic Sweets!

    I had jury duty yesterday. This time I brought a backpack full of stuff to keep myself busy. I was excused. Yaaaaaay! But it took until 4:30 pm for that to happen.

    I recently went to Claim Jumper Restaurant. It's got a western saloon atmosphere--antler chandeliers, giant buffalo and moose heads decorating the walls, a fireplace... What makes the restaurant really stand out is the giant food portions. My mom and I ordered the famed chocolate eclair, and we couldn't believe what came to our table. It's enough to feed 6 people! You've gotta see the 6-layer chocolate cake, it resembles a tree trunk stool!


    This is the eclair! It's filled with ice cream, custard, whipped cream, and bittersweet warm chocolate.


    Happy Thought: #56 "You don't live in the pre-dishwasher era."

    2 comments:

    Nicole said...

    I hate that I knew where this decadent dessert came from before I even saw your comments! lol For the record, four of us couldn't finish this.

    Janelle said...

    I know, isn't it sad?! We ended up having to take it home, and the really bad part: I couldn't stop myself from eating the leftover, so-unpretty, huge bowl of melted, gooey, creamy eclair remnants.