Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, January 23, 2008

    Florida Pt.1

    So finally--I'll talk about my trip....

    The trip demonstrated one of the great things about traveling: NO SLEEP!

    The no-sleep-trend began with our red-eye flight from Sacramento (7 pm) to Los Angeles to Florida (6 am). Once we arrived in Florida, we set out to find our hotel. The hotel had been described to me as a "condo", but in blindly following out Mapquest directions we found ourselves in a neighborhood that looked very much "lived in".
    Here's where the hotel address led us:

    I thought, "Wow, this is some condo! But wait....why is there a car parked in the driveway? This isn't a condo. Someone actually lives here! We've been takin' for suckers!"
    After knocking on the door, we learned that this was actually the hotel "office". The actual hotel was somewhere nearby. Once hearing this my immediate thought was, "Oh no, the hotel must be somewhere on skid row."
    Either way, we wouldn't be able to get into the hotel until 1 pm. Now mind you--it's 8 am, and we've been up all night, scrunched up in planes, and I need to get into a mattress ASAP before I bite one of my family member's head off! (Can you tell I had an attitude?)
    But nothing could be done, but wait.....
    And then it rained--Hard!
    Once 1 pm came around, the clouds cleared, and we learned that it was worth the wait and bickering.
    Look at our beautiful, cozy hotel!

    ...And roomy too! Oh, the 80's pastel motif is to die for!

    I even got my own room! There were 3 rooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen , and washer and dryer. Woweeee!

    This is my cousin crashed out on the couch. The concept: Get in where you fit in and catch some ZZZ's.

    No comments: