Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, January 30, 2008

    What's the Deal With Mechanics?

    So, I took my car into Jiffy Lube today. Everything seemed to go smoothly, except as soon as I got my car back I noticed the dreaded, seemingly unavoidable, MECHANIC FINGERPRINTS AND SMUDGES!! You know, those smudgy black marks mechanics leave behind on your light colored car upholstry. It drives me bananas! Oh, and don't forget the grimey sticky film left on your car keys and steering wheel. I quickly take my car home and wipe it down.

    Oh, and something else! The guy at the shop tells me they've cleaned the windows and vacuumed. I'm like: Cool! The reciept even checks off those things as being done. But, when I get into the car....nope....not done at all. So, then I ask myself: Did they do everything else on the receipt that I payed them to do in the first place? ie: change oil, top off fluids, new air filter......

    So for $52 of labor for 15 minutes of work, what did they actually do???

    Had to get that off my chest.

    To sizzle out the rage, how 'bout a lil' happy thought. Happy Thought #63: "Running shoes look cooler than ever."

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Beware of mechanics. A female friend of mine was told she needed a new transmission to the tune of 2500 bucks. I checked it for her and the only thing wrong was her fluid was low. About ten bucks. Ladies be careful!