Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, March 2, 2008

    It's a conspiracy I tell you!

    I've been suffering from migraines ever since I graduated from high school in 2000--I guess the shock of entering into adult life took its toll on my body ;) But anyways, I was prescribed Imitrex, which works for my migraine pain only half the time. The crazy thing is that the pills come in this little rectangle box, just like the one below, and there's ONLY 9!! Usually I pay $30 for the pack with my med insurance. But, because it's a new year and I now have to meet a deductible before my med insurance will kick in and help out with prescription charges, I had to pay $220 for the pack.

    Let me repeat that in case you missed it: $220 FOR 9 PILLS!!!! (That's $24.44 per pill, just in case you were wondering.)

    AND, I have to take like 4 pills for the onset of 1 migraine just for it to ease a little of the pain. That means, that each migraine costs me over $100, but that doesn't include the other prescribed pain meds and the OTC pain relievers I use along with the Imitrex.

    So what does all this boil down to? The government and the medical field are in cahoots and have some kind of devious, money-making conspiracy going on. But there's nothing we can do but surrender, which is conveniently easy to do since we're already crawling in on our knees, bent over in pain. So we just open our wallets and hand over the plastic...



    No comments: