Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, April 3, 2008

    Introducing: Nellie Photography's New Exclusive Salon


    We're so excited to finally reveal Image Provocateur as our exclusive salon. We've teamed up with them to offer our clients fabulous photography packages that include hair and makeup--Just perfect for our upcoming Pin-up and Boudoir sessions! And, not only do the ladies of Image Provocateur do contemporary styles, but they also specialize in vintage, time-period styles. So, if you desire true, 1940's pin-up styled hair and makeup for your session, it can be done! Plus, all clients will have eyelashes applied in addition to their makeup!!

    Another thing I thought was just awesome about Image Provocateur: The owner, Raquel, has created her own makeup line named, VIP-Cat. This line is particularly special because it is designed especially for high-definition photography. The makeup excludes minerals that cause the infamous "ghost face". "Ghost face" is caused when ingredients in the subject's makeup reflect off the photography lighting and flashes. So as you can see, Image Provocateur, knows a great deal about styling clients for photo sessions, and is definitely a great asset to have on the Nellie Photography team.

    Check out the website: http://www.imageprov.com/


    (For more info on our Pin-up and Boudoir sessions, please click the link "Pin-Up Photography" located to the right under "Labels".)

    2 comments:

    Teclado e Mouse said...

    Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Teclado e Mouse, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mouse-e-teclado.blogspot.com. A hug.

    Janelle said...

    Thank you so much! I love to hear that people enjoy my rambling. You've made my day. I will check out your blog as well! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.