Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, May 27, 2008

    Are you serious?!

    I was watching "The View" this morning when the topic of this photo came up. She is Princess Beatrice, the Duchess of York's daughter. As you can guess, the issue is that someone published the photo and said that she should wear a sarong--for herself, and for the rest of us. What?!! I think she looks good! I'm actually kind of envious because her body is in perfect proportion...at least to me... She's got great, curvy hips, a fairly flat tummy, not too small/not too large breasts....what's the problem?

    I hate how the media pushes "stick thin is in". What really gets me, is that we're used to seeing scandalous photos of celebrities frolicking on the beach, and in those photos, we actually do see stomach flab, cottage cheese thighs, etc (which by the way, is no whoopteedo). But in this particular photo of Princess Beatrice, you don't see any of that!! She's got a beautiful body, and yet she's getting knocked down and ridiculed for it. I definitely think the media has gone too far with this one.

    By the way, she's a size 10. A healthy size 10. And at 19 years old, I hope all this media frenzy doesn't trample on her self-esteem. I hope in 2 months we don't see her looking like a toothpick and being pushed into an eating disorder clinic...

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    i definately agree!

    Anonymous said...

    I'm so with you on this one. What's wrong with looking healthy? She is what a real woman looks like and she is owning it. Good for her!