Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, May 13, 2008

    The Fabulous Agata!

    Last week, I had the pleasure of meeting and photographing Agata. With this session, and others just recently, I've begun to realize another reason why I love what I do: meeting new, interesting people and getting the opportunity to catch a small glimpse into their awesome lives.

    I'm often surprised what I learn about my clients during their sessions. There's always something interesting about each one, whether it's a special talent, hobby, occupation, personal experience, etc. I've run into music artists of various genres, world travelers, and....and...well that's all I can come up with right now. I'll get back to you on that.

    But back to the fabulous Agata. During our session, I learned that she's from Poland, and she takes the looooong flight back home to visit her family at least once a year. I think she said that travel time is around 20 hours. Yikes! And, she's gonna take that trip with toddler. Double Yikes!!

    Her photos came out gorgeous. I think she's an undercover model...

    Be sure to vote for your favorite photo from Agata's session so that she can receive her free 8x10 print. Only 15 votes needed! Submit your vote by clicking on the Comments link below this post.


    Photo #1



    As we were shooting, I caught sight of Agata's beautiful profile, and I just had to do a series of images that showcased her "model-ique" features. We had fun trying to figure out the best way to pose with the pearls.
    Photo #2




    She's in a heavy metal band (cool!), so we incorporated music into the set--hence the earphones and the records.

    Photo #3

    This photo is absolutely gorgeous! I don't think she knows how truly beautiful she really is...well I hope this image will give her some kind of reassurance! ;)

    Look at America's Next Top Model!
    Photo #4


    17 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I vote for #4

    Anonymous said...

    I also vote for number 4

    Anonymous said...

    Wow, they all look amazing. #4 is a winner for me.

    Anonymous said...

    I love #4 she looks awesome!

    Anonymous said...

    I think that number 4 is the best.

    Anonymous said...

    Agata is truly beautiful

    Anonymous said...

    I vote for 4!!!!

    ~Angel

    Anonymous said...

    I vote for number 4. Beautiful!

    -Jessica

    Anonymous said...

    4 is great. is shows strength and beauty and a hint of mischievousness. Wonderful. She surely is gorgeous.

    Anonymous said...

    I vote for this one!

    -Jaime

    Anonymous said...

    #4 hehe

    -Jaime

    Anonymous said...

    vote for number 4!

    Anonymous said...

    They are all very pretty, but 4 edges out by a lil bit.
    t

    Anonymous said...

    Great work!

    I guess another vote for #4 is at hand!

    maria said...

    numer 4!

    Ari said...

    My vote goes for pic 4 :)

    Anonymous said...

    Love #2, but absolutely love #4! Captivating!