Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, June 28, 2008

    Sai + Neil + Engagement - 95 degree heat =

    A delicious, almost sweat-free Engagement Session!

    Introducing: Sai and Neil. I get to shoot their wedding in August, yippppeeee!

    I say "sweat-free" because we began shooting at 6pm and the forcasted temp was said to reach 95 degrees. So we were going to be out at the hottest time of the day. But, by some sort of miracle, there came a breeze and a significant cool down. The day actually became a lot more pleasant.

    For their Engagement Session, we criss-crossed the streets of Old Sac (Sacramento). Poor Sai had the daring task of navigating around in her heels over the cobblestone and wooden plank terrain. (Ladies, if you've ever tried clubbing in Old Sac with some cute pumps, you know what I'm talkin' about!)

    But despite all that, we came up with some fabulous photos!!



    This is one of my favorites....actually, I have a ton of favorites from this session! But this one makes me feel all warm and toasty inside.

    Photo #1




    This series gives me the cute and cuddlies.
    Photo #2





















    Ahh, how intimate! This building has a cool New York vibe.
    Photo #3


    We slipped into a nearby hotel for an outfit change...and a few indoor photos. Now those are some spicy pumps!

    Photo #4

    Don't forget the ring!
    Photo #5

    We tried out a few dance steps...which worked out pretty gosh darn well.
    Photo #6


    This series has a really cute story behind it--It has to do with an unofficial proposal, an engagement party, a Ring Pop, and a dash of imagination. For the complete story, you'll have to ask them yourselves. :) Anyways, we wanted to be sure to capture the Ring Pop moment during the session.
    Photo #7


    Then it came time to switch out of the sexy pumps to the more comfortable and familiar flip-flops. The session was over...

    Congratulations Sai and Neil!! I can't wait for your wedding in August!


    **Please vote for your favorite photo of the bunch. Sai and Neil will receive a free 8x10 in the winning photo. Only 15 votes needed! Post your vote by clicking on the "Comments" link below.


    29 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    #1 is awesome!!

    Anonymous said...

    #3

    Anonymous said...

    #3 is the best!

    kristen s. said...

    i think #3 is adorable.

    Anonymous said...

    #3 is the one!

    Anonymous said...

    #3 captures your happiness. In addition, you look skinny...he looks younger.
    #6 is fun and happy, but you look so small

    Anonymous said...

    Ket says # 1 is the one you want.

    Anonymous said...

    nope, number 1 and 7 is the best. they show off your best qualities.

    Anonymous said...

    whut up with the solo leg photo?! seven, it shows your happiness

    Anonymous said...

    7 looks real good. 3 does not show sai's best features. all i see is thigh!

    Anonymous said...

    yup, 1 or 7

    Anonymous said...

    1 is so romantic!

    Anonymous said...

    my co-worker says 1

    Anonymous said...

    i really like 7

    Anonymous said...

    u guys look awesome in all of them but i loved #7!

    Anonymous said...

    Mom and Dad like no. 1 the best

    Anonymous said...

    i like #1 the best.
    lin

    Anonymous said...

    the 1st pic is the cutest...u guys look so in love.

    Anonymous said...

    i love the first one as well...go for that one...

    Anonymous said...

    #3
    bay

    Sabrina said...

    I love number 6. =]

    Anonymous said...

    Well i guess ill vote i love them all but if i had to choose #3
    I love you baby

    Neil

    Miko said...

    #3 No doubt about it! =) There is something about it…I feel the LOVE Miko

    Anonymous said...

    All of them are so cute! But Number #3 it is...

    Anonymous said...

    #3 shows your love

    Anonymous said...

    I loved most of them, but the ones that made me say, "shoot I can't break my contract...i already signed my photographers contract... J/K"....were # 1 and
    # 3. I picked number 1 because of the lighting, and also it really shows the softer side of Shorty...it's a dreamy pic, and oh did i mention Neil is smiling!
    Although i lean more towards number 3 for the whole artistic standpoint. Beautiful background and the structure really adds to this pic, bringing out Neils tats. I can actually feel your emotions in these two photos...I like number three more, only because Shorty you are so pretty in this pic.. but your hair is sticking out in the back and i always have something about seeing the bottom of peoples shoes...but those are just my own personal issues, and a lot of people don't look at photos like i do...Although B says he doesn't like the whole fuzzy smoke look in pics,I think it adds to the photos and it makes them prettier. Also this is my comment not his so his opinion doesn't really count... You guys look great and your pics have superceded my expectations!!!!! I can't wait for the wedding either...!!!!

    jazz said...

    I love #3 best :)

    Anonymous said...

    i like #3 thats special

    Anonymous said...

    number 3 is the best!!!!