Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, August 29, 2008

    Diamond Bridal Gallery Fashion Show

    Okay, I know it's been a while, but here's what I've been doing lately:


    Last week I was asked by Diamond Bridal Gallery to accompany them at a fashion show in Napa to take photos throughout the event (yippeeeee!). The fashion show was to be held at the Petaluma Woman's Club:

    Diamond Bridal Gallery is really unique because they are the exclusive importer for Ukrainian fashion designer, Oksana Mukha. And let me tell you--she designs the most gorgeous, exquisite dresses I've ever ran my fingers across. I'm almost afraid to touch them!

    Here's a photo of everyone lined up at the end of the show:

    This is one of my favorite photos of the day. Ahh, so high fashion!

    Before the show, a couple of us went outside to do a little shoot of our own. By the way, the polka-dot dress if from Diamond Bridal Gallery also:



    Doesn't she remind you of Scarlett Johansson??? (I posted the real Scarlett Johanson photos below this one so you can compare.)


    Here's a look at more of the gorgeous gowns!


    I think this is an awesome wedding dress!

    ...and a little up-close detail for ya: (it reminds me of a fancy-fied exotic bird)

    Doesn't this dress remind you of Snow White? That hand is just begging for a poisonous apple...


    Here's all the girls together:

    ...a little stolen moment...
    Uh-oh, check out who's in the middle...it's me! Towards the end of the night, I reluctantly posed with the girls. Hmmm, I sure do look short. Oh, and look who's beside me (to the right). It's Seniya--the owner of Diamond Bridal Gallery! She's a sweetheart. We're planning on working together a lot more. We've got some fun stuff ahead, so be on the look out.
    Pheww, it was a long day. But--I met new friends, touched beautiful dresses, ate delicious meatballs, rode in Mari's car (which was a fabulous adventure in itself. I declared her my new "auntie".), and found out what a Women's Club is all about. All in all: fun.

    You've gotta check out the bridal and evening gowns for yourself:

    Diamond Bridal Gallery
    6963 Douglas blvd.
    Granite Bay, CA 95746
    916.521.9856

    1 comment:

    T said...

    the dresses are gorgeous!!