Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, August 7, 2008

    Photos for your Husband? Definately!

    Okay, okay, I'm a little behind on posting all the new photos. Forgive me!

    Let me introduce to you, Amy--a great example of why giving your hubby a personal gift of beautiful photos is a fabulous idea.

    Amy came to us in search of an awesome birthday present for her husband, and boy did she get one! She also needed her photos processed pretty quickly. Thank goodness we made the deadline and got the album to her the day before his birthday! We went into super fast mode to get it done, and it was all worth it.

    She even wrote me the best email ever!--and here's why I love what I do:

    "Just wanted to let you know I gave my husband the album and was he surprised!!! He couldn't believe it was me...he kept saying you should be a model, look at you! My Hot Model Wife!!! Lol! It was really cute! For the first few days after he took it everywhere with him and kept looking at them! Hahaha! He cracks me up! But I may want to order a few more pics. He wanted some to hang on the wall. I will find out which ones and let you know. And I have shown a couple other people and may have gotten you some more business! Everyone just loves them! So anyhow... thank you again for your beautiful work and taking care of me by getting everything done so quickly! It worked out just perfect! And I can't wait to talk to you about family portraits and pictures of my 3 boys." --Amy

    Hey senorita!

    Photo #1

    Can you believe that she had 3 kids?! Yikes! No way dude!

    Photo #2

    I love the flower duo in the hair...
    Photo #3

    This set and outfit reminds me of a fun, slumber party scene.

    Photo #4

    This is our "Natural Beauty" set. Gorgeous!

    Photo #5

    I love this one! It's mysterious and playful!

    Photo #6

    Photo #7


    Amy, you did a beautiful job!

    Hair and makeup by Image Provocateur!!! (of course.)

    Remember to vote for your favorite photo below so that Amy can receive her free 8x10 print. Only 15 votes needed to win. Place your vote by clicking on the "Comments" link below today's blog entry.

    22 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I vote for #5.

    Anonymous said...

    I vote for #1

    Anonymous said...

    I vote for #2

    Anonymous said...

    Vote for #2

    Anonymous said...

    Vote for #2

    Anonymous said...

    I vote for #6
    very sweet this photo is...

    Anonymous said...

    I vote for #6
    this was my favorite

    Anonymous said...

    I vote for #6! I love this picture!

    Anonymous said...

    I vote for #1
    Beautiful!

    Anonymous said...

    I vote for #6, fantastic!

    Anonymous said...

    I vote for #2 & 7.
    Lovely and what fun!

    Anonymous said...

    I love #1! Yum!!!

    Anonymous said...

    Oh my gosh, Beautiful...
    Couldn't decide so I vote for 1 & 6

    Anonymous said...

    I vote for #6. Very sexy mama!!!!

    Anonymous said...

    I vote for #6! what a hottie!!!

    Anonymous said...

    #4. Three kids? Girl what is your secret! You look great!

    Anonymous said...

    I vote for #6. She looks beautiful!

    Anonymous said...

    #6 is gorgeous!

    Anonymous said...

    #6 love it!

    Anonymous said...

    #3 is best!

    Anonymous said...

    #6 Beautiful

    Anonymous said...

    So playful, I love....#6