Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, October 13, 2008

    Age is Nothing but a Number

    I would say that Michele is a special heart-warming case. She came in with major self-esteem issues that she's been working out for awhile now. I'm so glad she decided to come in for a shoot because it turned out to be a great step in her self-esteem building goal. I feel honored to be given a part in such an important, life-changing process.

    I have to tell you what really touched me:
    Immediately after Nina completed Michele's hair and makeup, we all went to the mirror to check out the results. Michele's reaction was just..."Wow". And then she got kinda quiet. Even though she looked gorgeous, I was a little worried that her silence meant she didn't like her glamified-look, but that wasn't the case at all. She fell silent only to try to hold back her tears. Can you believe she said: "I didn't think I could look this beautiful." Can you believe that!!! I'll never forget that moment....


    Michele actually explains everything better herself:


    "WOW!! I wanted to build my self-confidence and self-esteem after a major weight lost (53 pounds). Who would of thought that at my age I'd be doing this!! HAHA Age is just a number anyways believe it or not I am 39.

    I couldn't of picked a better group of ladies to take this major step with me. It was like being with "the girls" hanging out and talking and laughing the entire time.. talking about "boys" and "men" oh it got interesting... But ladies never talk of such things...What a great atmosphere!!!

    Even though I came to the studio as a blank slate, I walked out filled with the fact I accomplished something I meant to do years ago not for anyone else but ME. Yet there is someone who has put the fire under me, who I owe so much to and that is Chuck. Great guy who could ask for anything more....Really?

    Janelle made me feel great with the "extra baggage" we all have and to have fun, be silly and serious all in one. Never did I feel more at ease and at home then I did here when having my picture taken... I can never thank you enough for your kindness.. This definitely boosted my self-esteem, self-confidence and self-worth....Now to see the grande finale!!! Oh and next time yes I think the SCHOOL Girl outfit... Yeah that's next...Chele V."



    Ahh, isn't she so sweet? I love to hear client feedback--it's informative and delicious! Check out some of Michele's pictures--they're not quite the "grand finale" yet, because she still has an awesome album in the making....


    Isn't this just so cute?! She pulled the expression off fabulously!

    Photo #1



    I love the natural reaction we captured in the top corner image. We had so much fun! We couldn't stop giggling throughout the session.


    Photo #2


    Beautiful!


    Photo #3
    Be sure to vote for your favorite photo so that Michele can receive her free 8x10 print. The winning photo needs only 15 votes! Post your vote by clicking on the "Comments" link below.

    My final words: MICHELE--STOP BEING SO HARD ON YOURSELF. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!

    21 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    i vote #1

    Anonymous said...

    I like #2. Yeah for self esteem. Mine pin-up sesson totally boosted mine and made the ex wonder...lol

    Anonymous said...

    I liked one and two god now what??? SO lets go with 2. Really shows her personality ad that she really has a contgious laugh!!!

    Anonymous said...

    I vote for # 1, I would of never known she lacked any elf esteem..... You go girl!!!

    Anonymous said...

    I vote #1. You look AMAZING!!

    Cheryl said...

    Youre one hot mama Michele...you go girl!!! I vote #1

    Anonymous said...

    oH girl I am sooo glad we are friends......tll the end as I say love ya---vote for # 1

    Anonymous said...

    Vote is for # 1

    Anonymous said...

    My nursey friend WOW dam woman my vote goes to # ONE

    Anonymous said...

    Let your inner beauty shine---it was just hidden all this time.....See ya at work----Y

    Anonymous said...

    Ooop last comment on inner beauty I vote for 1

    Anonymous said...

    What a change from Hugh Schooil days who would of thought .....I vote for # 1 Ria

    Anonymous said...

    i VOTE FOR # 1....cAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO BRING IN SO WE CAN SIT AROUND AND PLAN THE NEXT ONE lol

    Anonymous said...

    wISH YOU COULD win two brcause the first two are great so I will be the odd out and vote for # 2

    Anonymous said...

    I vote for number 2

    Anonymous said...

    I votre for nymber one!!@

    Anonymous said...

    I vote for number one

    Anonymous said...

    WOW you go girl and show them what you are made of..... Can't imagine you with low self esteem..... My vote goes to number ONE

    Anonymous said...

    Chele- your my friend forever take care of ehat you have become and show them your a great person I vote for number ONE

    Anonymous said...

    Hmm Number one has my vote!!

    Anonymous said...

    Boosted my self esteem too when I did this. vote for number one but it was a difficult choice between one and two!