Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, October 28, 2008

    Introducing Pin-up Girl: "Cookie Cupcakes"

    Who can resist our new Pin-up girl, Cookie Cupcakes? Isn't she scrumdiddlyumptiously delicious?!! Wow--you wouldn't believe the fun we had during this session.

    Cookie Cupcakes aka Cerina, is working on becoming a professional Pin-up model. She's doing very well at it, if you ask my opinion.

    What makes this session particularly special is that Cerina brought all her own props and outfits....including the cute round red little carpet in Photo #4 (she's so prepared!). I totally had to ask her where she purchased some of her great props.

    I got a kick out of Cerina's thorough note-taking. She had every scene planned out: the props, outfit, pose, etc. She even had practice photos on her personal digital camera that she took the day before so that she would know beforehand what she ultimately wanted to portray. I love it! I thought it was so funny, but yet very familiar because I do the exact same thing with all my shoots. I totally plan out everything to the max! It's nice to know there's others out there as anal as I.

    Photo #1--A little makeup touch-up while waiting for the next train...

    Photo #2--An ice cream sellin' cutie! I adore her choice in outfits!

    Photo #3--I really like this one. You may not be able to tell in this particular shot, but she "accidentally" clothes-pinned her dress to the line.



    Photo #4--The Confused Cook! I love the burnt pie!!! I posted this in a previous entry, but I had to add it in here so that it gets a chance to win in the 8x10 contest.


    Photo #5--The beautiful Senorita presents her pastries....

    Once the shoot was over, Cerina gave me her pastry props....and I ate them! Delicious! The best thing about being a photographer: Eating the props at the end of the shoots! ...Well not all the props. Most food props are quite scary by the end of the shoot, and I would never recommend eating them!


    Be sure to vote for your favorite photo so that Cerina can receive her free 8x10 print. The winning photo needs only 15 votes! Post your vote by clicking on the "Comments" link below.

    **Great News!**
    Since Cerina's shoot, we are in the process of adding more fabulous solid-color background sets for our Pin-up Sessions. So, if you're interested in doing a more traditional Pin-up shoot, we will have more bright solid background options for you! Yipeeeeee!

    24 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    i love #4!

    Anonymous said...

    LOVE LOVE LOVE # 4!!!!!!

    Anonymous said...

    #2 is adorable!!! -Dave

    Anonymous said...

    #2 is adorable!!! -Dave

    Anonymous said...

    BQSS loves #4!!!!!!

    Anonymous said...

    #4 ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!!

    Anonymous said...

    #4

    Anonymous said...

    Cool burnt effect, my votes for no. 4

    Anonymous said...

    Italic Not copying, I really think 4 is hot!

    Lon said...

    I must be the odd man out but i like #1. It reminds me of halloween!!!!

    Anonymous said...

    #1 is really good

    Anonymous said...

    I like number 1. Looks fierce and sexy

    Anonymous said...

    4

    Anonymous said...

    No. 4 Rocks!

    Anonymous said...

    umm why #4 of course !!

    Anonymous said...

    444444444444444444444444444444444444444444lets keep the tally towards 4

    Anonymous said...

    Just voted at the polls not voting for Cookie, I Vote for #4

    Anonymous said...

    I like #3 the best, but #4 is very cute

    Anonymous said...

    4 is the best i really like the burnt pie

    Anonymous said...

    4

    Lee said...

    Four, love the color

    Irish said...

    4 is super cute!

    Anonymous said...

    4 all the way!!

    eyegasmic designs said...

    she's bad! hook it up!