Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, November 10, 2008

    We Film Noir-ed It!

    ...We sho' did!

    The lovely "G" (who wishes to remain anonymous) came to us knowing that she wanted to do a Film Noir styled shoot. We accomplished the look by shooting everything on our Dark Vixen set. It was exciting to try and recreate images from that era.

    Photo #1: (ACTION!) "....She reached for the phone, but before she could dial, something or someone caught her eye in the corner of the room. Was it him?....." (AND CUT!)
    Does this look like it's straight out of a movie, or what?

    Photo #2: The Soft Romantic


    Photo #3: By the time we got to this set, "G" and I were both starving and had low-blood sugar. We were getting weak and shaky by the minute. Heck! It was lunch time!! But we had a goal: To re-create the Opium ad shown below.

    Boy oh boy, was it a challenge to get the body contoured into that position. The funny thing is that you don't think a pose is very hard to do until you actually try and perform it yourself. It turns out that those girls in the magazines are doing some unnatural and straining body positions, but are pulling it off with what looks like ease. But all in all, I like the version we achieved.

    By the way, I'll let you in on a little secret: "G" is not really naked. We just made it appear that way...Secret's in the sauce! ;)

    Special "thanks" to Nina for hair and makeup! (nina.themakeupartist@yahoo.com)

    Be sure to vote for your favorite photo so that "G" can receive her free 8x10 print. The winning photo needs only 15 votes! Post your vote by clicking on the "Comments" link below.

    9 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I vote for #2

    Anonymous said...

    i vote for #1

    Anonymous said...

    I actually like the soft romantic the best (love the makeup!) but I know she's most proud of number 1.

    Anonymous said...

    I vote for #1... and I also like # 3, it totally show cased her perfect body :)

    Anonymous said...

    I vote for #1... and I also like # 3, it totally show cased her perfect body :)

    Anonymous said...

    #3 is a really good recreation of the ad

    Anonymous said...

    # 1 but, they are all excellent

    Anonymous said...

    I love them all!! But my favorite is # 1 she is a movie star!!

    Anonymous said...

    #3 definitely! #1 is great, too, I like the Film Noir styling. but #3 takes the prize!