Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, January 11, 2009

    Best of 2008

    We've showcased so many fabulous photos on the blog this past year. To aid in kissing 2008 goodbye, I've compiled a list of the Best Photos of 2008 featured on the Nellie Photography Blog. The photos listed are some of my personal favorites. Here's the top 10:

    1. I'm partial to my loved one's first and foremost: Panda in his cone after his operation. I can't help but chuckle each time I see this one. I should hang it on the back of my bedroom door so that when I'm feeling down, I can shut the door to my room and give myself a tickle at the same time.



    2. Amy with her cupcakes. This made the "Best" list because it has become a classic. A lot of clients have asked to do a cupcake scene after seeing Amy on the blog.



    3. Cookie Cupcakes and her burnt cherry pie. Could this pin-up girl get any better? This is obviously one of my favorites because of all the delicious props. It's also memorable for me because it was the first time I tried to create a computerized "burnt, smoking pastry". I think it worked out pretty well if I do say so myself.



    4. Danielle with her fiery red hair. The perfect example of why I love to shoot redheads.




    5. Molly and the vintage wallpaper. She was one of our first models we used to try out our new Pin-up & Boudoir photography sets. This has become classic pose. It's a popular client request!




    6. Sai and Neil's engagement session. This is one of my favorites because it showcases their loving relationship perfectly. The best part is the warm, snugly feeling I get whenever I see this image. It was used on the cover of their Engagement Album!


    7. Katy the ballerina. This is just a one-of-a-kind pose. Only the very limber will attempt....




    8. Tanisha as the Femme Fatale. This moody dark film noir image has become a client favorite. This particular photo is full of angles and attitude--I love it!




    9. Sabrina and the red chaise lounge. This series stood out to me because it was one of the first times that I tried shooting from different perspectives while using the chaise lounge. The experiment worked out beautifully. Plus, Sabrina looks absolutely stunning!




    10. Jessica and her red lips. This is a memorable photo to say the least. Clients have begun asking for a similar effect with their own images.

    Honorable Mentions:

    1. Mallory and the leopard print blanket. This is another classic pose. Many clients come into the studio with a print-out of this image as an example of a pose they want to try.



    2. The Chocolate Fountain gone bad. This is a funny favorite of mine. This chocolate fountain was being used during a wedding when it decided to go rogue. As you can see from the picture, chocolate flew everywhere, and eventually the whole fountain crashed to the ground. This image reminds me of one of the dancing kitchen utensils in Disney's Beauty and Beast, during the "Be Our Guest" song.


    Well, that's it. I tried to keep it down to 10 images only, but that didn't work. There were so many great images to choose from. I want to thank all of you for allowing me to post your photos on the blog. You guys make help make the blog what it is...and you keep people coming back for more.
    Love ya!!


    No comments: