Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, January 25, 2009

    Spotlight on Nina: The Makeup Artist

    Have you missed me?! I know it's been a while, and I hate leaving you guys hanging. I've just been so busy creating the new sets and updating stuff that I haven't got a chance to fill you in on the going-ons. But I have some exciting stuff to show you!!!!

    To begin, here's some fun photos from a promotional shoot for Nina-the hair and makeup artist. Some of you may know her as our stylist for our Pin-up & Boudoir Sessions. We've been meaning to do her shoot for a while now. You can be sure that we will be doing some more! Isn't she the cutest, hottest, petitest, thang you've ever seen?!

    She's currently working on her new website which will feature these photos, some of our clients, and a lot more. I'll let you know when it's up and running. In the meantime, enjoy!

    "The Scream"--One of my favs from the session!


    "The Fedora"--A little "Colombian Mafia" vibe every once in a while is good for the soul.

    "The Sushi Panties"--Not "Ushi"! although that's all you can see in this photo. Cute panties! She decided the panties would be a great conversational piece. So get to conversatin'!! ( I just love her. She cracks me up!) And not enough can be said about the killer shoes!


    "The Mona Lisa"--This one's just a good ol' headshot.


    "The Winter of 2008"--This looks like it belongs in a Macy's Holiday Catalog.

    2 comments:

    tanisha said...

    The "Sushi" pic is so cute; I love the lighting effect, kinda like a halo. Nina's awesome, she rocked my hair and makeup for my shoot!

    Janelle said...

    TT: I love you!!!