Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, February 1, 2009

    New Pin-up Girl Photography and New Set!

    I'm so excited to reveal our latest Pin-up Girl: Alicia! She came in for a session and blew me away. She seems to have a natural pin-up vibe reeking out of her skin. It also helped that she had her hair and makeup done by Image Provocateur's Glamour Salon.

    During the session, we tried out one of our new sets: "Viva la Zebra". Check it out:

    Photo #1: Yep, we put the squeeze on Alicia's rib-cage for this glossy red corset--beauty is painful! But with a few shallow breathes, a glam smile, and the "Viva la Zebra" set, Alicia pulled through and the pay-off was absolutely lovely!

    Photo #2: Love this one. It's cupie doll-tastic!



    Photo #3: Isn't she gorgeous? And check out our new martini prop! I love it, I think it's so cute..and realistic of course!! Another new thing in this image is the subtle paint effect--very similar to the original Pin-ups of the old days. (It might be hard to see it on this particular web-file.)


    Photo #4: Sweets and treats, and that naughty boy on the phone again!



    Be sure to vote for your favorite photo so that Alicia can receive her free 8x10 print. The winning photo needs only 15 votes! Post your vote by clicking on the "Comments" link below.

    30 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I vote for Photo #2. It's stunning!

    Anonymous said...

    i vote for photo #2 this photo is adorable!=)

    Anonymous said...

    photo number one is absolutely my favorite!!!! she is very pretty

    Anonymous said...

    i love photo number one! my cousin looks so gorgeous as always =)

    Anonymous said...

    shes beautiful! Photo number one is my favorite!

    Anonymous said...

    #2! so classy! and what a great job with the lighting/editing? the light on the hair is amazing!

    Anonymous said...

    I Love photo #1!

    Anonymous said...

    LOVE #2!

    Anonymous said...

    Love, Love, Love Photo #1!

    Anonymous said...

    They are all awesome but #1 is hot!

    Anonymous said...

    #2... beautiful as always leashy.

    Anonymous said...

    They are all very good but #1 is my favorite!

    Anonymous said...

    #2 hands down. You look glamorous and classy with a sexy edge.

    Anonymous said...

    I love #2 the best!!! I didnt even recognize my own sister!!! she looks amazing, all of the pictures where beautiful!

    Anonymous said...

    #2 for sure. Lupe's a lucky man.

    Anonymous said...

    All are really great! It's hard to pick just one but if I have to...#2!!!

    Anonymous said...

    These pictures are amazing! I really like pictures #1 & #2! But if I must choose one then I go with #2. =)

    Anonymous said...

    OMG!!!! These pics are all so beautiful! I absolutely LOVE picture #2 though!!!! It's definately my favorite!!!

    Anonymous said...

    #2!!! She's such a hottie!!!!

    Anonymous said...

    #2 Awesome picture honey!!

    Anonymous said...

    #2 Takes the cake!

    Anonymous said...

    Wow! These are gorgeous. I like the artistry of #2 but connect with the eyes on #1. I vote #1 !!!

    Anonymous said...

    I vote for #2! Its amazing!

    Anonymous said...

    number 1..your so beautiful!

    Anonymous said...

    Beautiful pictures! I Love them all, but #1 is my favorite! I Love her beautiful smile!

    Julie said...

    My vote is for Photo #2! Great pictures by the way!

    Claire said...

    Number two is my favorite! Great pictures :).

    virgostar16 said...

    I'm not sure if your still taking votes, but I LOVE #2!

    Anonymous said...

    Martini baby...all the way. Its hot

    Anonymous said...

    I think #2 is fantastic!