Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, March 10, 2009

    The Cousin Session (Part 1)

    2 sessions. 2 gals. 1 stylist. 3.5 hours and 219 frames later we had a successful shoot and Kim and her cousin, Jennifer, were late for a bridal shower.

    Kim came in to do a Pin-up & Boudoir session for her soon-to-be-hubby. What's really exciting: Kim's wedding just happened to be this past Saturday! I hope she had the time of her life!

    Kim's cousin, Jennifer, came in to do a session for...well just cuz she wanted to! You will see Jennifer's photos in "Part 2" of this blog entry.

    We had so much fun doing the shoot together, it was like a par-tay! A VIP on this party's guest list was Nina: She gave the referral, she did the hair & makeup, and she helped assist during the shoot. For hair and makeup, you can reach Nina at: nina.themakeupartist@yahoo.com

    Now for one of the most hilarious parts of the shoot: How Kim and Jennifer entered the studio. I swear, they brought a whole closet! I just had to get pictures:

    They even came with a bamboo tree! The first in Nellie Photography history! This is a story I will never forget.


    ...And here's the car they brought everything in! Can you believe 2 ladies, a ton of shoe boxes and clothes, and a bamboo tree fit into this teeny thang!? You know I was rollin' on the floor when I saw this madness!


    And now...the photos!

    Photo #1: "Pin that veil on her tail." What a great idea! I love the grunginess and fashion feel of this bridal portrait.

    Photo #2: "As a matter of fact, I am." This is actually a page straight out of Kim's album! She requested an image with a Chinese food takeout box cuz it's sort of an inside joke between her fiance and herself. I think it's super cute!


    Photo #3: "Enough to Make Mr. Vang Blush." This image looks like it's begging for a pair of angel wings.


    Photo #4: "A Second Look, Cuz I know You Couldn't Get Enough of the First."
    Another page from Kim's album--can you tell I'm diggin' the album design? Kim even prepared the beautiful bouquet she's holding--real flowers! Gorgeous!

    Photo #5: "Cute. Sexy. Sweet." That pretty much sums up this one.

    Are Kim's bridal boudoir portraits hot or what?!
    Be sure to vote for your favorite photo so that Kim can receive her free 8x10 print. The winning photo needs only 15 votes! Post your vote by clicking on the "Comments" link below.

    18 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    My vote is for #3

    Anonymous said...

    OoOooh, I love #3

    Anonymous said...

    I vote for #3

    Anonymous said...

    i love all of them but #3 is the best!

    Anonymous said...

    I really <3 photo 3!

    Lilly said...

    i vote for #3!!!!
    kimmie, you're the hottest!
    love you!! Lilly

    Anonymous said...

    i love the effect of #1, but i would have to say that #3 is my overall favorite!!!

    Anonymous said...

    Sexy, sexy. #3 it is.

    Anonymous said...

    # 3

    Anonymous said...

    i like 3

    Anonymous said...

    You're so beautiful! Hotness! My choice is number 3!

    michelle l said...

    gorgeous,sweetie! #3.

    Anonymous said...

    love it! #3

    Saimese said...

    I really like #4 but I vote for #3

    Debbie said...

    LOVE the bridal boudoir! All the pics are great, but I LOVE #3... it is perfect for the bridal theme!

    Anonymous said...

    I'm voting for Mercedes...#1

    Anonymous said...

    I'm voting for Mercedes...#1

    逆援助 said...

    セレブ達は一般の人達とは接する機会もなく、その出会う唯一の場所が「逆援助倶楽部」です。 男性はお金、女性はSEXを要求する場合が多いようです。これは女性に圧倒的な財力があるから成り立つことの出来る関係ではないでしょうか?