Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, March 2, 2009

    A Frickin' Fun Shoot

    Yep, we had a frickin' good time during Melissa's shoot, as you can see in her photos.

    Once her hair and makeup was complete and she stepped onto the set, she fell right into character--a super fabulous, fun lovin', fireball of energy character. She has so many expressions and poses locked up inside of that curly head of hers that I hardly had to give her any directions.

    Photo #1: "The Giggle". Absolutely one of my favorites! Do I really need to explain why?

    Photo #2: "My Milkshake Brings All the Boys to the Yard". Is it just me, or does Melissa look like a pretty porcelain doll?

    By the way, these images feature a new artistic effect (can you see it?). It's the Pin-up Effect! It gives it a little cartoonish/painting effect. I love it!
    Photo #3: "Yeeeaaah Baby!" This is another one of my favorites. Her expression is the first of its kind in Nellie Photography's Pin-up history. And it ROCKS. HARD.

    Photo #4: "The Lollipop Spankin". You know I was crackin' up when she pulled this one out of her bag of tricks. Hilarious! And her face pulled it off beautifully!

    Photo #5: "Hello Darling?". She almost looks like a character out of a movie, huh?
    Well, wasn't that refreshing? Stay tuned cuz there's so much more to come. Images are busting out of their seems backstage, just waiting for their debut on the blog!
    Be sure to vote for your favorite photo so that Melissa can receive her free 8x10 print. The winning photo needs only 15 votes! Post your vote by clicking on the "Comments" link below.

    28 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    It's so hard to choose, but #3.

    Anonymous said...

    I choose #2 :)

    Anonymous said...

    I choose #2 :)

    Dick Dice said...

    I choose the lollypop cause that was the first preview I got and it blew my mind. But 5 is very classy. And 3 shows her personality.

    Anonymous said...

    Loved them all and it is hard to choose just one.

    But personality wins. I choose #3

    Anonymous said...

    Gotta go with #5.

    Melissa said...

    I'm voting for myself and I choose....#2 :)

    Anonymous said...

    Number 2
    You go girl!

    Anonymous said...

    I choose #2. Just plain sexy.

    Anonymous said...

    Tough choice. But Melissa likes #2 so I vote for that one too!

    Anonymous said...

    #2 looks like such a complicated pose...You look stunning! I love #1 and #5 also, they all look amazing!!

    <3 Bex

    Anonymous said...

    Melissa looks like a natural - I like # 3 the best. You go girl!!

    Anonymous said...

    I vote for #5, adorable!

    Anonymous said...

    My vote goes to #2.

    Anonymous said...

    i like # 5 the best i happe3n to love the old balck and white Beautiful

    Anonymous said...

    Call me please. #5

    Anonymous said...

    Number 2

    Anonymous said...

    Love the effects on #1...very nice

    Anonymous said...

    Love them all. Melissa voted for #3 so I will also vote for that one.

    Anonymous said...

    Oops! Actually she wanted #2.
    Add another vote for #2

    Anonymous said...

    Love them all
    But I go with #2

    Anonymous said...

    Take more photos of this gal! She is very photogenic! It is very hard to choose, but I really like the first and last ones. But the other three are great too.

    Can I have two votes?

    #2 and #5

    Anonymous said...

    #2 get my vote

    Anonymous said...

    Love them all, but Melissa wants #2 so I vote for #2

    Anonymous said...

    Barbara picks #2

    Anonymous said...

    I love them all!! My pick is for #3 though! #5 is a very close second.

    ~Kathyn

    Anonymous said...

    How does someone chose just one of these. They are all outstanding. Love the look of #1; like the black & white of #5. Number 2, 3 and 4 just look like she's having fun. But if she needs 15 votes for a free photo, I guess I should vote for #2, since it looks like that is the one that is going to win.

    Anonymous said...

    #1 is an amazing photograph
    She is beautiful