Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, April 18, 2009

    Pinup Girl With Scissors

    The sweetest thing: Jessica's boyfriend contacted us to schedule a Pin-up & Boudoir Session for Jessica as a Valentine's gift. He figured, "Hey, we both win." :)

    Jessica is a hairstylist, so she wanted to emulate a photo she brought in of a vintage Pin-up girl trying to cut her own hair. What a delicious idea! Here's what we came up with:



    Photo #1: "Just a Little Snip." I loooooove it. She nailed the expression. And check out the photo of her boy-toy in the corner.





    Photo #2: "Girl-licious."





    Photo #3: "The Sticky Sweet Corset."

    Photo #4: "Forgive But Never Forget." Yep, that's what the tattoo says. You won't believe how hard it was for us to figure out how to get the tattoo to look readable but still achieve a flattering pose. Jessica's body was twisted, stretched, and it was a little difficult for her to breathe, but she pulled it off beautifully.
    Check this out: Jessica is probably gonna kill me, but I just have to do it.

    When Jessica first walked in, I said: "You remind me of Pink." She said that people usually say she reminds them of Hilary Duff. So here's a little comparison chart. Tell me what you think:
    Either way, Jessica is flippin' gorgeous!

    Be sure to vote for your favorite photo so that Jessica can receive her free 8x10 print. The winning photo needs only 15 votes! Post your vote by clicking on the "Comments" link below.

    26 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    #4. I think she looks more like Pink.

    Anonymous said...

    #4 for sure!

    Anonymous said...

    #1 is adorable

    Anonymous said...

    #4 is hott! love the tat.

    Anonymous said...

    jessica is BEAUTIFUL... her gorgeous looks and kick-butt personality is all Pink!

    Alycia said...

    i love them all but #4 is my fave

    Anonymous said...

    Jessica is gorgeous, and I think she hit the right poses, outfits, and colors perfectly together. I vote for pinup girl with scissors as #1, go gettem girl.

    Anonymous said...

    ummm i think #1 is a perfect picture of who jessica is!!...but yeh #4 is hot too...lol um i need to start going to the gym with you!! <3

    Anonymous said...

    #1

    Elisa and fam said...

    hmmm...I have to say first that I've known jessica since she was 15 and have watched her find her place in the world and go from just plain ol sweet jess ;) to all grown up and absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I am so happy to see her doing the things she never imagined!!! Cant really pick just one pic but if I have to its #4.....you are just effin HOTT!!! :) luv you

    Anonymous said...

    #1!

    Anonymous said...

    Number1 and number 4 are so good. You did a great job Jessica..showin luv your sis

    Anonymous said...

    WOW! This is amazing. She looks perfect :)

    Hay

    Anonymous said...

    looking at Jessica's picture makes me want to get this done.

    Anonymous said...

    Jess you look perfect girl

    Anonymous said...

    I forgot to put what picture I liked. Number 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    tara said...

    this has got to be the hottest pin up girl i have ever laid eyes on! my favorite one is #4...

    Anonymous said...

    numberrrrr 4!!!!!

    Anonymous said...

    #4 and she does kinda look like pink!

    Anonymous said...

    #4 for my number 1 please!

    Anonymous said...

    #4 Jess! ;) showin a little MT lovin....way back from the junior high days! My god you are GORGEOUS!

    jessica said...

    i hate anonymous comments! i want to know who left the comment above from MT?!?!?! thanx ;)

    Jamie said...

    Awesome work. I would love to get your info and possible do a shoot! How fun and you did an amazing job! Plus Jessica is gorgeous! you had a lot to work with!

    Anonymous said...

    Wow! #4 is my favorite!

    Ashley said...

    Wow, simply beautiful! #4

    逆援助 said...

    セレブ達は一般の人達とは接する機会もなく、その出会う唯一の場所が「逆援助倶楽部」です。 男性はお金、女性はSEXを要求する場合が多いようです。これは女性に圧倒的な財力があるから成り立つことの出来る関係ではないでしょうか?