Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, August 7, 2009

    An Allergic Reaction

    Once upon a time there was a little dog named Ginger. One morning she walked into her owner's room. The owner glanced over at her and thought, "My what a funny looking face she has. She must be storing food in her mouth like a hamster." Later that same morning, the owner looked at Ginger again and said in a more concerned tone, "What the heck is wrong with your face?! Why are you so puffy?" Ginger had no idea what the owner was talking about. The End.

    Well not exactly. Ginger's face was indeed puffy. I semi panicked thinking about how much another vet visit was gonna cost. But then I came up with a plan of action? Google of course! I Googled "dog puffy snouts" like a madman.

    After scrolling through the worst case scenarios, I finally settled on the puffy snout being a result of an allergic reaction. And since she was breathing normally, there wasn't much to be worried about.

    My theory: A pesky little bug bite. By the evening, all was good in the neighborhood.

    No comments: