Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, August 11, 2009

    Apparently S-E-X Sales

    So I was trying to clear out some of my old magazines (3 boxes full and more coming in every month. Yikes! What have I succumbed to?). But then I began to notice a trend with the Cosmopolitan magazine. At first I was like: Wow, that's interesting. But then it just started to get annoying.




    Every left-hand corner of every issue of Cosmo has the word "SEX" typed in big capital letters. SEX SEX SEX like that's all women really want to read about. Like those 3 letters are what catches our eye and makes us pick up that magazine.


    What annoyed me the most: It seems to work. I've apparently fallen for it. They've herded us in like cattle.


    By the way, I cancelled my subscription to Cosmo about a year ago. Their articles were just a little too redundant...


    Besides, there's only so many ways to kiss, so many positions, so many ways to ask him out, and so many ways to apply smokey eye makeup that after 4 months of issues, the magazine just seems to repeat itself. Same stuff just different pictures.

    No comments: