Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, August 18, 2009

    Athena The Goddess

    In Greek mythology, Athena was known as the the bright-eyed warrior Goddess. Our Athena here, is a bright-eyed soccer warrior Goddess. Chickity-chickity-check it out...


    Photo #1: "Hanes Her Way Baybay." I fell in love with this photo for the serene glance, the wispy hair, the simple lingerie, and the beautiful tattoo.

    Photo #2: "With a Smile Made For Advertising." When I saw this image for the first time, I immediately thought it was ad worthy. So of course I created one!


    Photo #3: "Just a Taste." Athena wanted to incorporate some birthday cupcakes into her shoot cuz these photos are a gift for her hubby. Who could resist this vintage housewife?


    Photo #4: "Gettin' Sassy on the Viva La Zebra Set". This corset gets an A+ for showing off her curves.

    Photo #5: "Aaah, What a Cute and Spunky Bat Girl." Athena was so creative--she brought props that had sentimental value to both herself and her man. The bat and the ball featured in this photo are an example.

    Well, there's a story and you know I'ma tell it! So...the bat was made by Athena especially for her hubby. The bat has both of their names and team numbers imprinted on the side (cute!). And the ball...the ball is super duper importontay. It is the ball from her hubby's very very first home run--the one he made when he was a wee little boy. So as you can see, Athena has smacked this photo full of personalized flavor.

    Be sure to vote for your favorite photo so that Athena can receive her free 8x10 print. The winning photo needs only 15 votes! Post your vote by clicking on the "Comments" link below.

    7 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    #4

    Mama-Beans said...

    The first one, back tattoo.... LOVE.

    rarejule said...

    #1... definitely.

    Jessica said...

    I love the one with the cupcakes #2

    Anonymous said...

    #4 is my vote

    Anonymous said...

    Checking out all the photos on the blog. Vote is for #4. Love the coloring.

    Anonymous said...

    #4 is my favorite