Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, December 13, 2009

    Babycakes Session: Big Bro & Little Bro

    This Babycakes Session is a first of its kind. Why? Well because we've never had 2 kids tearing up one cake...and we've never had kids over 1 year old participating. So this became a funtabulous experiment.


    Because both boy's birthdays are days apart, mom decided that a "2-for-1 birthday party" is the way to go. We did this Babycakes Session to commemorate their 7 year and 2 year birthdays, and to have a chance to show off some of their pictures at their party.


    Photo #1: "Vintage is Fun!" How flippin cute and fun is this?! Mom really wanted the boys to be dressed up in formal gear.

    Photo #2: "2 Cutie Pies." Ahh, ain't it darling when siblings are so nice to each other? I was never that nice to my brothers. I didn't want them touching me at all!




    Photo #3: "Do you smell what The Rock is cookin'?" If you aren't rollin' on the floor laughing at this, you need to tune-up your funny meter.


    Photo #4: "Don't You Dare." Lil' brother wasn't too fond of the cake. He really didn't want to get dirty. Sooo, Big brother teased him of course!



    Photo #5: "Here Comes Trouble." Don't overlook the frosting eyebrows, nose, and beard.

    Photo #6: "Entertainer of the Year." This guy's got tons of personality!


    Photo #7: "Act 2: The Pose." He kept dishing it out, and I kept snapping the pictures.


    Photo #8: "Soon things got a little tiring..."


    Photo #9: "A Picture Worth 1000 Words." There's so many things going on in this picture. First, you've got Big Bro giving the camera major attitude. Then you've got mom trying to persuade Lil' Bro back onto the set. Lastly, there's Lil' Bro with his toys screaming all the way.

    Photo #10: "Not John Cena!" The boys are really into the whole WWE (wrestling) thing. So one of the tactics we used to persuade Lil' Bro back onto the set was to bury his John Cena wrestling figure into the cake...it didn't work.

    Photo #11: "Before and After." Can you believe the whole cake was reduced down to smashed dough on the floor? It's the most demolished cake in Nellie Photography history!



    Photo #12: "Attitude." I swear, he needs to audition for Disney. His shirt says: If you can read this, you are in my way.



    We created some Photo Thank You Cards for the boy's party:


    Be sure to vote for your favorite photo so that they can receive their free 8x10 print. The winning photo needs only 15 votes! Post your vote by clicking on the "Comments" link below.

    12 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    #1 is my favorite.

    Anonymous said...

    MY BOYS HAD A BALL! I AND MY OLDEST SON WILL CHERISH THESE PICS FOR EVER! THANKS NELLIE UR TRUELY AWESOME! MY FAV IS #1:-).....

    Anonymous said...

    #1 FAV

    DeUndra said...

    i love #1 how cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    Monilove said...

    Love em, love em, love em!!! #1 is absolutely my fav!! great pics!!

    Anonymous said...

    I ABSOLUTLY LUV #1...........

    Anonymous said...

    These are the cutest! Number 1 is my Favorite!!

    AUNTIE JENNIFER! said...

    MY NEWPHEWS LOOK SOOOOOO GORGEOUS!!
    MY FAVORITE PIC IS #1!

    GRAN said...

    My grandson's look SO HANDSOME!

    GRAN said...

    ooops, I VOTE #1.

    GRANDPA BUCK said...

    MY GRANDSON'S LOOK TIGHT! THEY GET IT FROM THEY PAPA.........FAV IS #1

    NANA....SMOOCHES! said...

    My poopie and jay look cute! my fav is 1