Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, May 27, 2010

    Breaking News...

    (Update: Don't worry guys. I'm not rockin' the split-ends anymore. I've had a few hair cuts since this photo was taken. LOL.)


    Yes, after many years, I've finally joined the "Bride to Be" club!!!! Whoop whoop, yeah baby, work it, work it!!


    So here's the nitty on the gritty:

    My boyfriend, Willie, and I were out and about when all of a sudden it started raining. I made a dash for the car. As I was about to shut the car door, Willie shouted, "Wait"! I turned to look at him and saw that he was in the process of getting down on one knee. He pulled a Ring Pop out of his jacket pocket and began his "speech".


    (He proposed with a Ring Pop like this):




    I have to be honest. My first reaction was: "Hey, where's the real ring? Is this the really-real proposal?" The reason I felt this way was because we've been together since high school, and he's "proposed" before--but we were too young back then. But it turned out that this was the REAL proposal and the real ring was actually being sized.

    By the way: He actually did end up proposing all over again once he placed the official ring on my finger...this time he did it in front of my mom! The poor guy had to propose like 3 times! LOL!



    So, I've been in a "happy place" for a couple weeks now. I'll definitely be keeping you up to date on this new and exciting milestone in my life.

    3 comments:

    Saimese said...

    Hahaha, it's too cute how he called out after you! My best friend's fiance was so nervous before proposing.. he researched the proper way to propose, which knee goes down, & everything! I can't even imagine what it would be like to propose 3 times!!

    Congrats to you & your fiance!

    Anonymous said...

    Congrats, girl! That is so awesome!!! :]

    Erika said...

    Congrats lady! I am so happy for you. That is cutest!! Who's going to be your wedding photographer...hehe. See you next week...Can't wait!

    P.S. You rock!