Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, May 18, 2010

    Pinks, Pearls, and Puffy Cheeks

    Meet Zoe. Zoe has been to the studio before (as shown in the above maternity photo) but she wanted to come in again to be the solo star of her own personal photo session. So we gave her a Newborn Session!

    The goal during this newborn session was to have Zoe sleep the whole time, but that wasn't her plan. Miss Zoe stayed awake and fussed almost the whole session. We ended up having to cut the session short and schedule a round 2. Between the two sessions, we ended up with some great shots.

    Here's a fab Baby Announcement we created so Zoe's parents could show her off to fam and friends:

    Front

    Back

    Photo #1: "The Princess and the Pea"
    Miss Zoe did not want to close her eyes! She was so interested in what was going on. But that's okay, because this photo is just darling! By the way, our original idea was to have Zoe booty-naked on the towels, but then she left us a little "surprise". Mom cleaned up and then we decided a diaper would work just as well.



    Photo #2: "Oh what a tooshie!"
    This photo was achieved during the 2nd session--when Zoe finally cooperated with us! Tee. Hee.


    Zoe is coming in for her next photo session in a couple of months. So stay tuned.

    You can vote for your favorite photo (Photo #1 or Photo #2) so that Zoe's parents can receive their free 8x10 print. The winning photo needs only 10 votes! Post your vote by clicking on the "Comments" link below.

    17 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    i like #1 the best

    Anonymous said...

    I like photo # 1. Adorable baby!

    Anonymous said...

    I like number two.... She is sooooo cute!!!

    Josh & Kristy said...

    I love #1! She's perfect!

    Anonymous said...

    I vote photo #2!

    Anonymous said...

    Photo #2... what a pretty princess!

    Anonymous said...

    Such a sweet baby! #2

    Anonymous said...

    #2 for sure

    Erika said...

    I hope you can count my vote for my little Zoe. I like them all, but I love #2

    Bonnie said...

    Grandma Bonnie Says,
    they are all wonderful. Very artistic with the camera. I love #2 though, it's better in the buff.

    Eric said...

    Dad says #2

    Melinda Sutton said...

    #2. What a doll baby!! So precious!

    Anonymous said...

    #1 is my fave! :)

    Anonymous said...

    Auntie Rita says #2 for sure!

    Anonymous said...

    Beautiful photography!! I like Photo #1 the best!
    Love,
    Joslyn

    Anonymous said...

    Love all of them!!!! #1 is the best.

    YESENIA said...

    #2 its gorgeous I love your work!