Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, June 7, 2010

    What I Did This Weekend--Pie!

    So, on Sunday we all went up to my grandparent's house for dinner. My aunt usually doesn't cook, but when she does--it is the biz-nazz!! I looove when auntie R cooks!!

    Anyways, she also brought all the makings for a sweet potatoe pie and to top it off: She gave me my own personal lesson! So now I know how to make "Potatoe Pie", baby! It's actually a verrry simple recipe, but a huge accomplishment for me.

    Here's my very proud uncooked creation:
    (By the way, the crust isn't made from scratch. It's Marie Calendars.)




    Nothing was measured out. We just had to keep tasting it until it was just right. I'm prepping the oven right now. There's no set time on the oven either (just 350 degrees). My aunt instructed me that when you start smelling it, it's almost ready. Then once it rises up and then falls back down, it's done. We'll see how well I follow these simple directions later this afternoon...

    No comments: