Welcome to Nellie Photography's Blog! I'm Janelle, creator and owner of Nellie Photography. Our studio is based in Sacramento, California. We shoot Pin-ups & boudoir, weddings, engagements, families, children, portraits, the occasional pet, and other random subjects. I created this blog as a personal journal for my professional work, personal imagery, studio news, promotions, and other fabuluous randomness.

If your reading, please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I love to hear from everyone. It makes me feel special :). I usually post entries a couple times a week, so be sure to keep coming back for the latest updates. You can add my blog to your "favorites" or subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box located in the right-hand column.

To book a shoot, you can contact me directly at:
info@nelliephotography.com

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Janelle

What I'm doing right now...

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, September 14, 2010

    From Pin-up Girl to Havin' Baby Girls

    Remember Amber? She came in for a Pin-up & Boudoir Session a while back.
    (Here's a photo from her previous session:)



    Well, now Amber has returned, and this time she is pregnant with a baby girl! I'm so happy for her and her family. This is a special blessing for them.

    For her Maternity Session, Amber reprised the beautiful purple flower she wore in her hair during her Pin-up Session.

    Photo #1: "The Warm Belly." I think Amber looks gorgeous and natural in this shot.



    Photo #2: "The Warm Belly II." I couldn't decide between the black and white image or this color image. I love them both!



    Photo #3: "I Spy With My Little Eye." A little boy who was supposed to lay his head on his mommy's belly and keep his eyes closed. But whatever! This shot was cute and worked! Sometimes 2 year olds will work with you and sometimes not. He was actually a pretty good listener, one of the best! :)



    Photo #4: "The Look Back." We had the fan blowing for this shot, which worked quite well for us because we both were going through HOT FLASHES.



    Photo #5: "Smells Like Roses." We caught him just in time for this photo. The little guy did not want to sit and "smell the roses." He was on the move. He had things to do. But I was able to snap this shot just before he slid down to the floor...



    Photo #6: "Kiss Mommy's Belly." What more can ask of a boy who's soon to become Big Brother? He's got a lot weighing on his mind, ya know?



    Photo #7: "Hearts and Footsies." Showing the love between Mother and Father and the love and anticipation they both share for their unborn baby = Tender.



    Photo #8: "Hawaiian Shirts." You should have seen when the little guy had on his shades--he was too cool for TV!



    Be sure to vote for your favorite photo so that Amber can receive her free 8x10 print. The winning photo needs only 10 votes! Post your vote by clicking on the "Comments" link below.

    17 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    #6

    Anonymous said...

    #6, The little guy looks like he all ready loves his little sister.

    Anonymous said...

    They are all absolutely beautiful but I think I like #3 with all of you. Maggi

    Kathy Spradley said...

    Love them all! But gotta go with #6

    Anonymous said...

    #5 I like how Mason looks like he is giving his Mama and sister the rose.
    Linda.

    Anonymous said...

    Love them all, but #6 would be a keepsake for Mason to show his little sister when she starts dating someone he doesn't like!
    Sharon (from Chery's work)

    Anonymous said...

    They are all beautiful. My favorite is # 7

    Anonymous said...

    I love them all but # 7 I loved!

    Anonymous said...

    i like # 6 but i think most pictures are great

    Anonymous said...

    Perlita Cartago says they are all very good but I like #5 the best!

    Anonymous said...

    Katie Chrisos- SO hard to choose just one. I think I love them all. I guess if I have to pick it would be #6

    Anonymous said...

    I just love all the photos, the little boy kissing momma and the baby is great.

    Anonymous said...

    I forgot to post the #6 on my vote.

    Anonymous said...

    #6 Beautiful picture of
    Amber and Mason and baby Sister
    waiting to come to this sweet
    family.
    Love Sharon Lawson

    Anonymous said...

    #6 is my chose

    Sharon MacKelvie

    Anonymous said...

    I like #6. Great job Janelle. Look forward to another photo session in the future.
    Tony Small

    Anonymous said...

    #6, but they're all great!